What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog or website?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, phone number, credit card information or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
How do we use your information?We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
How do we protect your information?
- We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
- We only provide articles and information.
- We never ask for credit card numbers.
- We do not use Malware Scanning.
Do we use 'cookies'?
- Help us remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user's preferences for future visits.
- Identify the areas of our website that you have visited.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Targeted advertising.
- Affiliate marketing.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browsers are different from each other, look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
Web BeaconsWe may also use web beacons technology to collect general information about your use of our website. We use this information to provide you with special offers and promotions. This information helps us to better understand the behaviour of our visitors and to tailor various offerings on our website for visitors.
Third-party disclosureWe do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
Third-party linksOccasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
We have implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Google Analytics
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform Integration
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
Takeover Digital may disclose your personal information to third parties if you have violated our terms of service or conditions of purchase, or if we need to comply with applicable laws and lawful governmental requests, other legal and regulatory authorities, for other legal reasons (which may include lawful access by Canadian, U.S. or other foreign courts, law enforcement or governmental authorities) and as otherwise permitted or required by law.
This policy and the use of our Website (www.takeoverdigital.com) are governed by the Province of Ontario, Canada. By accessing this Site, you and Takeover Digital agree that all matters relating to your access to, or use of, this Site shall be governed by the applicable statutes and laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada, without regard to the conflicts of laws principles. You and Takeover Digital agree and hereby submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the Courts of Ontario and Canada with respect to any and all legal matters.
www.takeoverdigital.com is controlled, operated and administered entirely within Ottawa, Ontario Canada. This statement and the policies outlined herein are not intended to and do not create any contractual or other legal rights in or on behalf of any party.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
Fair Information Practices
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM ActThe CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can:
Or by mail, email, or phone
100 Gloucester Street, Suite 642
Ottawa, Ontario K2P 0A4
Email: email@example.com | Phone: (888) 929-9638